Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Yessongs

 I could not remember exactly if I started to listen to Yes music started when it was radio friendly pop and easy (90125) or when it was complicated (Fragile) but I remember that Relayer was too hard to swallow when I first listened it back when I was around 14-15 years old. This album but three songs. The first song is 22 minutes long which one side of the LP. 



For sure when 90125 was released Owner of The Lonely Heart was immediately a hit. Yes became household name. I often resented band that turned pop but in case of Yes I listened to this band started with this radio friendly album then worked my way back to their older albums. 

Later I found out that this band changed personnel so often that in their 1991-1992 tour they had all eight members of the band performed on a revolving circular stage. Anyway I thought my favorite albums are Fragile, The Yes Album, Close to The Edge, Tormato and Going for the one. Obviously I prefer Anderson, Howe, Squire and Wakeman which is the classic line-up

My Yes favorite song however is Onward composed by Squire. The lyrics is so poetic
There's a love I feel for you
Proclaimed in everything I write
You're the light, burning brightly
Contained in everything I do
This love song was simple but deep - Onward to the night of my life. I would agree with Squire that it is the best song he ever wrote well in my case YES ever issued.




No comments:

Post a Comment