Thursday, June 9, 2022

it looks a lot like Christmas

I love carols! I love listening to Christmas songs anytime. And it is more sentimental listening to those when I was away from home. I seldom being away alone during Christmas time. I could only remember once when that happened. When I was in the US (1990-1992), I spent my Christmas time away in Azusa, California. Not completely alone as I had a couple of Indonesian friends. The next Christmas I took a holiday in Indonesia and I graduated on August 1992 so I spent Christmas of that year in Indonesia.  

I recall weeks before having vacation in Indonesia (Dec 1991) I listened to songs like "I'll be home for Christmas" when different sentiments. I am thinking about all those things that I have missed being away for half a year and a half in the US.

Christmas time where I lived in the US was without snow. Cold and wet. My only snowy experience was January 2016, after New Year. We spent our Christmas in Berlin. It was cold but no snow. We went to Copenhagen to celebrate New Year with an Indonesian family friends. Cold and no snow either. The next morning after we were back to Groningen we had rain of snow. Our very first. What a dream came true. 

This morning after my running run with the sun already up I happened to listen to a Christmas song. My memory brought me back to those cold days in Texas. I shall be home for Christmas. I wish no one would be lonely on Christmas

 



     

No comments:

Post a Comment