Wednesday, June 1, 2022

out of sight, out of mind

Today I deleted one message in one of WA groups that annoyed me. I was surprised that such simple act like that help me to avoid getting more upset. Out of sight, out of mind they say. How true ! Once deleted I tend not to remember it. I might still have it on my mind but of course that message is no linger there for me to ruminate with.

It reminds me how google, twitter etc work, Based on their algorithm this smart app would predict feeds that would interest you. For example, based on people that I follow twitter would pick feeds that are being followed by those whom I follow. In a sense my world is getting narrower. I would not mind at all as I would have deleted or muted those are irritating or not suit my own taste.  Similar algorithm is used by google. My google search would not be exactly the same as yours as my universe would be different as yours. 

Am not sure if this good or bad. This might consider be bad as we are essentially living in our own bubble We simply create our own reality by filtering things that we like. It could be considered as good as we avoid getting upset with things that we do not like. However at the same time we would never be challenged. We would circle around in a tighter and tighter space. I guess in a matter of science we want to be in the widest universe. Limiting our view in matter of science would be betraying the basic principle of science. As for others, I am happy to just seeing things that I like

I know what I like and I like what I know       


 

No comments:

Post a Comment