Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Covid choice

I could not understand why a number of Canadian truckers protesting the government regulation to vaccinate those crossing the US-Canada border. They drove their trucks to the capital of the country, parked and crippled the business in some parts of the city. They also constantly blare their air horns to the annoyance of local. Some of the locals are understandably protesting back against these truckers. But after a number of days looks like status quo remains. 



I read that the main reason the protest is simply that "...unvaccinated Canadian truckers crossing the two nations' boundary to quarantine once they've returned home..." which of course makes sense to me. Well not to them. Of course behind them are the opposition who saw it as an opportunity to increase political pressure to the government 

I could understand that opposition would do whatever it takes to gain political advantages but I guess this is why many - me included- think that politics is dirty unethical business. Yes in democratic country the citizen has the right to express opinions, to oppose the government etc. but my freedom is limited by other's people freedom  

If you don’t want to be vaccinated, that’s your decision. But then, stay home, so that responsible citizens can get on with their lives


No comments:

Post a Comment