Tuesday, January 25, 2022

our timeline mystery

When I was around 13-15 years old I had friends who influenced me to be fascinated with slapping bass tunes. To us those slapping bass were madness. It is just crazy to play bass in such manner. Try not to tap your feet listening to this song Can't Get Enough from Jeff Lorber Fusion (around minute 1 or so). At that time I could not imagine how one such bass sound. I guess the player must pulling the string or something (check out this video for a quick tutorial). Anyhow my friends and I were busy hunting for that crazy sound by listening to radio and cassettes. I guess if Internet was around by that time we would have easier hunting time

I guess I would listen to different music genre had I was raised in different place. It so happen that I stumbled to group of friends who love such music despite living not in the capital of the province. Of course there is no way for me to find out the alternative universe where I did not meet those friends. 

I am not saying that being crazy about bass slapping was a fundamental part of my identity or something like that. I am just pondering that somehow my line of lifetime crossed over those friends and it colored my childhood and in a way some of my personality. 

Life is a mystery in a sense that what happened to our life is affected by whom we met and it would be impossible to reconstruct each detail of our past. Why did our parent move to that city at that time so that we would met these friends etc. 

In many sci-fi movies it is common to hear that if we changed something in the past - even a small detail of it - then the future as we knew would not happen as life would take a different path of  trajectory. Of course there is no way for those future people to understand that past had been altered. Only those time traveler would have known that a different future had been assembled by changing the past. 

Not sure if time travel would ever be possible. For all we know this is the only timeline that we have and that is not a mystery.





No comments:

Post a Comment