Thursday, March 24, 2022

for the love of spock

I do not think I ever watched the original Star Trek when it was aired in my country for the first time. In fact I have no idea when was it. I started watching Star Trek series when I was in the US in early 90s. I recall every week night at nine one of the channels rerun the next installment of Star Trek, The Next Generation. I fell in love instantly with the crew. Mostly Picard with his English accent and Data the android. 

I did not watch the next series until last year. The next series is called Deep Space Nine  which was aired in the US (1993-1999). I was not convinced that a series that centered on a static space station would be a good show. It turned out that when I started to watching it I loved Sisko the captain. I thought Dax is one of the most beautiful female crews so far.

I thought Captain Janeway is a a great captain. It would be hard for me to rank the captains of Star Trek. All of them (including Archer from Star Trek: Enterprise) are great captains even though I guess I would emotionally more attracted to Picard as the first Star Trek captain that I watched. That is why I loved Star Trek: Picard.

Returning to Spock, the title of this blog, I did listened to Nimoy autobiography: I am not Spock which was narrated by Nimoy himself. I thought Nimoy was one great actor and not only that he was responsible to make Spock more like Spock. He suggested the Vulkan salute, Spock's mind-meld and Vulkan nerve pinch. I thought without him there was no Spock and without Spock I would seriously doubt if Star Trek would boldly go where no series has gone before






 

No comments:

Post a Comment