Tuesday, March 15, 2022

the enjoyable recollection of past events

One definition reminiscence is just that  the enjoyable recollection of past events. I had the luxury of meeting an old friend and enjoying iced coffee as we recollected our shared past events. We chatted about friends and events as we remembered from 35 years in the past. The coffee was nice but the chat was more special. Yes both of us are older, obviously, but those memories feel so fresh as if no day had passed. How strange my memory works that I could forgot  what I had for lunch yesterday, but those events 35 years ago were very clear in my head

I noticed, however, that the persons that I remembered were pictured just like what they looked like 35 years ago. I asked when did S cut her hair short ? In fact S had cut her hair short for ever, that is after I finished etching her long hair in my mind. Yes, it is clear to me that those that I remembered did not aged. They were as young as they were 35 years ago. 

Forever young
I want to be forever young
Do you really want to live forever
Forever young

Do we want to live forever given that our memory eventually be full and the most of it consists of what we had in the past, when we were young? Our bodies are aging, weakening. Our memories fades, Except for those what had when we were young

Do you really want to live forever
Forever young

 

No comments:

Post a Comment