Monday, March 28, 2022

Tales of Alan Parsons Projects

Like any other musicians that I had no clue about my first Alan Parsons Project music I heard from the pirated the best of produced by Aquarius. The cover was not as great but I thought 'The Eye in the Sky' is a great song. It started with simple power chord that I thought so great. I did not know the name of the guitarist back then but I learned that he played the solo in Kate Bush famous hit 'Wuthering Heights'

The next Alan Parson Project cassettes that I had were 'The Turn of a Friendly Card', 'Tales of Mystery and Imagination' and 'Ammonia Avenue'. I thought 'Tales of Mystery and Imagination' was an unique album. It did not have radio friendly poppy songs but the album was enjoyable to listen in a whole. The cassette was also great as it had one song titled  'Shadow of a Lonely Man'. In fact this song was part of another Alan Parsons album titled 'Pyramid'

I remembered one radio station in my home town play 'Time' each time they end their program. I could understand why they picked this song. The melancholy melody and romantic lyric is appropriate to usher listener to a deep slumber. The other song that I recognized is 'Sirius'. Chicago Bulls use this song to introduce the line up

However, I thought the best song of Alan Parsons Project is 'Days Are Numbers (The Traveler)'. When I travelled around Europe this song often came to my mind. 

The traveler is always leaving town
He never has the time to turn around
And if the road he's taken isn't leading anywhere
He seems to be completely unaware

How true



No comments:

Post a Comment