Tuesday, March 8, 2022

from the perspective of THE universe

I found a print out of Milky way Galaxy from documents from my old companies. I remember pasting the picture of a Galaxy in my view, next to my PC monitor. Why did I have that picture ? I remember that my boss was an a**hole that would be best avoided at all cost. In short I was not happy in the office and I am trying to find a way out, but until then I had to put working under this guy. I loved my job, my family loved living in the city, My children had great schools. So I had plenty of reasons to stay except for putting up with this a**hole boss. When I stressed out I focus my eyes to  the picture of Milky Way and asked myself where I am there ? Of course I was nowhere. Never myself, even the planet earth is nowhere to be seen. I am just a small, unimportant, mortal being so stop complaining. My problem is nothing really. Many others would like to trade anything to get my life. I should shut up, counted my blessings, keep looking for opportunities and just survive the day. My boss is a mere mortal that was not unreplaceable anyway. 

Neil deGrasse Tyson once tweeted that from time to time we need to be reminded that human are fragile and that our perspective is not THE only perspective in this vast universe

I am sure Neil did not mean that human beings are unimportant. We all are part of the whole universe and to some degree we all have some contributions but we could not say that we are the top of the food chain. the jewel of evolution, etc. In other words - putting ourselves in different perspectives would help us to see the bigger picture instead of dwelling into our small irrelevant life

Again I am not suggesting anyone to be apathetic, easily giving up, doom and gloomy. On the contrary we should do all we could do as the universe is the limit and in the meantime we should focus on the situation at hand. For sure life is more than work, etc. So we need to put all those in our perspective. That way we would not be attempted to make hasty decisions that we would regret for the rest of our lives


To me, pondering the picture of The Milky Way is a quick way to remind me where am I in the perspective of THE universe (PS: Milky Way is one of  two trillion (2×1012) or more galaxies in the observable universe)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment